The definitions of the medical abbreviations LCD, LMRP, FI & LCD can be found underneath and a list with Medical Coverage Guidelines Based On Medical Necessity.
LCD Medical Abbreviation & Definition
LCD is the medical abbreviation for “Local Coverage Determinations.”
Local Coverage Determination (LCD) formerly known as Local Medical Review Policies (LMRP) is defined as a decision by a fiscal intermediary (FI) or carrier whether to cover a particular service on an intermediary-wide or carrier-wide basis in accordance with Section 1862(a)(1)(A) of the Social Security Act (e.g., a determination as to whether the service or item is reasonable and necessary) – Section 522 of the Benefits Improvement and Protection Act (BIPA).
LMRP Medical Abbreviation
LMRP is formerly known as Local Medical Review Policies (LMRP).
FI Medical Abbreviation
FI is the medical abbreviation of fiscal intermediary.
List With Medical Coverage Guidelines Based On Medical Necessity
- Medicare Local Coverage Determination for all States
- Florida BCBS Medical Coverage Guidelines
- Humana Medical Coverage Guidelines
- Wellcare Coverage Guidelines
- Anthem BCBS Medical Coverage Guidelines
- Anthem BCBS Anesthesia Coding and Billing Guidelines
- BCBS Illinosis Medical Coverage Guidelines
- Aetna Medical Coverage Guidelines
- UHC Medical Coverage Guidelines
- Cigna Medical Coverage Guidelines
- BCBS Texas Medical Policy
- Medicare LCD for DMEPOS
- Florida Medicare Coverage for Chiropractic Services – LCD ID Number L29289